Old December 29th, 2003, 03:43 AM
Ryan B

Default best area in Paris to spend 4 days is?????

"Ra" wrote in message

What part of town you choose for a hotel in Paris makes very little
difference. Paris has the greatest transportation system of any city in

the
world with 14 Metro (subway) lines, 5 RER lines,(regional rail lines)and

an
all encompassing bus system. You can quickly and easily get to any

place in
town from any place in town for very little money especially if you buy

one
of the various transit passes. Also since Paris is a compact city you

can
easily cover a big part of the city on foot if you locate anywhere at

all
near the central city. I get a kick out of the countless people who

spend so
much time worrying about where to locate and what hotel to choose as

though
it were a critical life's choice.

I always stay in the 7th not far from the Seine where it is quiet and
comfortable and a quick Metro ride to anyplace I want to go. I'm there

all
of 8 hours a day and the rest of the time I am all over Paris.

Ryan

I'll add one thing to this. I like to look for a hotel within a couple
blocks of major metro stop like Sebastopol/St. Denis (it has three
lines intersecting). This makes it even easier and faster to get to any
point in the city.

Good point.
Ryan