Old June 16th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Shawn Hearn

Default Washington DC and New York airports choice (USA)

In article ,
(Hallvard Tangeraas) wrote:

I'm shortly going from Vancouver in Canada to Washington DC in the
States, then Washington DC to New York, then finally to Switzerland
from New York.

Both aboventioned US cities have two airports each, and I'm not sure
which ones are best for arriving/departing from....

Washington DC: Washington Dulles
Washington Reagan

Reagan International is the most convenient if you plan to stay in
Washington DC. This depends though on where in that area you plan to
stay. If you plan to stay in Maryland or a Virginia suburb, then Dulles
is a good choice.

New York : John F. Kennedy
La Guardia

I plan to stay in a reasonably priced backpacker hostel both places,
in central locations, so I'd prefer the airports closest to that, and
with public transport access throughtout the day.
Suggestions?

La Guardia is a lot more convenient to Manhattan than JFK, but either
will do.