Old July 24th, 2005, 10:12 AM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

The Reids wrote:

Following up to chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco

Well, my decision to not own a car (and also stop driving altogether) is
more for environmental reasons I admit, but it's far cheaper for me not
to have a car as well. Basically, if you don't need a car for travelling
to and from work during the week, it will rarely be cheaper to own one,
as I've calculated it. Of course, I made specific decisions as where to
live based on the local transport available. There are many places, even
near me, where it would be very difficult to get around by using just
public transport. That said, I think that it's up to all of us (for the
sake of the environment) to try harder to use alternatives. We walk to
our local supermarket- but I'd suspect we're in the minority on that-
most people drive, even when they live closer to it than we do.

why not get a Prius or something?

That would perhaps be an option for someone who needed the car. I don't.
I really prefer my life without one.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net