Old January 25th, 2008, 04:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air, rec.travel.cruises, rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
number6

Default OT - Cancun

On Jan 25, 11:27*am, "Newby" wrote:
"sue mullen" wrote in message

Newby wrote:
Might be traveling to Cancun later this year, June or July. *Is it

advisable
to rent a car or depend on local transportation? *If I go, I would like

visit Mayan ruins. *Any recommendations as to which to see?

If you are going from a cruise, I would do a cruise ship excursion so
you will be sure the ship won't leave without you. If you are staying in
Cancun I would rent a car so you can come and go as you please.

sue

Thanks. *Not going from a cruise, that's why I posted OT. *Didn't know if
renting a car in Mexico would be a smart thing to do...or not to do.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Definitely need one to get around to ruins ... but be sure to take
every insurance they offer ... In the US I decline each and every
time ... In Mexico it is very wise to take it ... there are some
horror stories about some who didn't ...