Old February 23rd, 2013, 06:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Default European Resturant Food prices

Martin wrote:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 17:47:31 +0000, (David Horne)
wrote:

Martin wrote:

[]
UK probably has the cheapest meals available in restaurants in
Europe, thanks to the chains that Mitchel and Butlers, Whitbread and
similar own. Most UK supermarkets have a cafe/restaurant offering very
cheap meals too, without them some OAPs would starve.

For lunch we went to Carcluccio's and had the 'trio' for £20. Same as
the last time we were the seafood linguini, gnocchi, venison
tortelloni. Delicious and certainly filling for two adults...

http://www.carluccios.com/menus/manc...s/pasta-dishes
Sounds good!

I meant these sort of places serving food at Alfred M. prices

I know!

http://www.mbplc.com/ourbrands/crowncarveries/

http://www.crowncarveries.co.uk/offe...tedbreakfasts/
"Join us early doors at The Drawbridge in Rotherham and set yourself
up for the day with an unlimited cooked breakfast fit for a king -
only £3.99 from Saturday to Sunday"

http://www.crowncarveries.co.uk/thed...sundaycarvery/
"from Monday to Saturday we offer two carvery sizes to suit your
appetite: the smaller carvery at just £3.69** (a perfect kids' meal),
and the Crown carvery at £4.19. Why not max your meal by adding The
Works for just £1.50 extra"

I haven't been to those types of places much- certainly good value...
when working outside Watford recently, those of us staying in the Hilton
went to the Toby Carvery next door for breakfast because it was much
cheaper.

David

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)