Old January 14th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Jenn

Default Carry-ons (Opinions?)

In article ,
"Evelyn C. Leeper" wrote:

Menachem Mavet wrote:

My real pet peeve regarding luggage are those damn cases on rollers,
esepcially the ones in the smaller sizes. I can understand someone
needing rollers for a large case (which should be checked baggage,
anyway), but I see people dragging along attache-sized cases and
daypacks on rollers, which impede foot traffic more than someone just
carrying the case. No the mention the fact that cases with rollers
are bulkier and take up more space in the over head bin than
soft-sided cases, and you can't squish them to cram more stuff in.
What the hell are people carrying in those cases anyway that they need
rollers? Lead bricks? No wonder people are so out of shape these
days. They don't even want to carry briefcases!

Well, we're thinking of buying one to cart around my husband's CPAP
(Constant Pressure Air Pump--a medical device to get around sleep
problems). It's about the size of a large shoebox plus cords and
tubing, but heavy as the dickens, and not something we would want to check.

people who whine about other people's small wheelies are generally fit
and middle aged or younger and have no ability whatsoever to imagine
that THEY might ever have shoulder problems, or arthritis, or get old