Old June 16th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Ulf Kutzner

John schrieb:

We would like leave Lyon in the morning to go to Digne-les-Bains to see
the
Tour De France stage 12 pass by, then continue on to Nice that same
evening.

How is this best done? Train or coach? I understand cars in France
usually
cannot be rented for just a single day.

There's a narrow-gauge railway from Digne to Nice. Very scenic, but
not very fast!

http://www.trainprovence.com/

Keith, Bristol, UK

DE-MUNG for email replies

The last train out of Digne-les-Bains leaves at 17:25. I might be able to
make it depending on how far away the train station is from where I will be
viewing the Tour De France riders up to 16:55. If I get photos of Lance
Armstrong earlier than 16:55, then I assume there will be no problem getting
the train to Nice.
Is there a coach from Digne-les-Bains to Nice

Yes. http://www.scal-amv-voyages.com/horaires/circuit9.htm

that leaves later?

Err, that's a problem.

Try