Old May 13th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Eileen Garland

Default Recommendations - the perfect climate?

BTC/TAK on ACK wrote:

Growing up in Brooklyn...

No kidding? Where? I spent my college years in the always easy to get a cab
to Fort Greene, then near B'klyn College, and finally in Park Slope until I
left NY.

Sheepshead Bay. Best place to grow up!

Where's Fort Greene?

Howie and I met during our first month at Brooklyn College.

ridiculous, to the exasperating, to the sublime... Actually my best taxi

experiences... were staying in Manhattan

Actually, aside from London where I've always had great taxi luck, I've
generally enjoyed the cabbies in NY the best... the ones who speak some
English at least. Remember when practically every cab driver in NY was an
"alter kocker mentsh", usually from Midwood?

Mila

Yes, I do remember that.

I usually find cab drivers interesting people to talk to when both of us
can speak at least a little of the same language!

Eileen