Old September 16th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Gerry Scott-Moore

Default Tokyo with a Very Young Child

In article , PTRAVEL
wrote:

To Japan from the US? That's surprising, and doesn't mirror my
experiences.

Well, it corresponds to mine. I fly Northwest to/through Tokyo, and
the flights I've been on ran full, or darn close to it.

Okay then, I'll continue to go with my personal experience and you can
continue to go with yours.

Don't be sillly. It's assumed it would go unbooked.

You assume it would go unbooked. The airlines don't assume that, nor
do most passengers.

You're assuming it would be completely booked. Again, not my experience.

If someone actually got the seat booked, they'd simply slide over.

And what if that middle seat passenger chose a middle seat because
there were no window seats available?

They could slide over to the window side while one wing of the couple
slide inside. Now everybody's happier than ever! This is not a Supreme
Court issue. Most people can handle this pretty well.

And, yes, it is unacceptable to propose that this hypothetical person
take the window seat, while the couple in the aisle and middle share
a lap-infant.

Okay it's unacceptable to have that person move for any reason? If
they WANT to sit between a couple with a child it's a decision they
made, if neither the window nor the aisle seat is unaccepbable.

You really have to WORK to cobble this crime against humanity together,
you know that, don't you?

Subjecting someone to that on a short flight would be simply
rude. On a long-haul, it's entirely unacceptable.

But in the imagination it's very colorful!

Imagination? Are you really not familiar with the reality of
long-hauls with lap infants?

It's in your imagination that any one would be relegated to a middle
seat between a couple with child. It's imaginative and wholly
ridiculous. It wouldn't happen. PERIOD. But hammer away as if it were
a common and egregious violation of all that is holy.

You sound like a gambler who has rolled...

You sound like somebody who one rather talk about participants and
their folly of reliance on their personal experience rather than
yours.

--
///---