Old May 10th, 2006, 09:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Celebrity Cancels One Alaska Sailing!

"Everyboysmomma" :

all planned and you find out 10 days before hand that you have no vacation?

I feel badly for people who have to "sign up" for their vacation weeks at
the beginning of the year (usually by order of seniority). What do they
do?

While true for some passengers, for the majority getting a full refund means
they automaticly have the money to go on a diffirent vacation that they had
planned and could not afford to do both. Or just stay at hom and throw a
party or two. If they not know how to get the deep-discounts they even have
enough left over to hire maid services to clean up. Me, it would be trip to
the cabin with enough money to buy only the best in food. I already can see
the lobsters with butter waiting.

We are leaving on the 25th of June with our whole family (7 of us). It is
my oldest's honeymoon too! How do you reschedule that??
I feel badly for the passengers that are affected.
Momma

You can't. But can you honestly say that your honeymooning couple would not
like something else also? A trip to the Falls? A stay in Las Vegas? A beach
hotel in Florida? White water-rafting { nothing bring couples into each
other's arms like white water }, you got the money, blow it on something
really fun! And send them on the cruise on thier one year honeymoon if they
are not due soon.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
Cruising, building a Catamaran, Rebuilding Cabin, New Peroxide Still Design,
Writting SF, Programming FOSS - What happened to the time?