Old January 27th, 2004, 10:49 PM
BAC

Default Tanzania ....got 4 weeks to play with .....Thanks

Ya, the NG I read made them look a little mangy. Ya, the males, seem to be
an adaptation to the heat.. Just found a great price to Dar from Seattle,
$1012 US (SEA-AMS AMS-DAR). It gets in at o-dark 30, looks like I'll need a
reservation for the first night. I tossed and turned over arriving/departing
in DAR, KIA or NBO. It does put me close to Zanzibar. I'm thinking that's a
good place to start and ease into my first time in Africa....got to check
out Dar also but I'm not sure why.

"Hans-Georg Michna" wrote in message
"BAC" wrote:

As for Tsavo East, maneless lions and the springs.

Mzima Springs are in Tsavo West. Nice place, but perhaps by
themselves not enticing enough for a long journey by car, I
would think. I sometimes go there when I'm in the area.

Don't know anything about maneless lions, if you mean male
lions. :-) They would be more like a curiosity. Not sure if I
would even want to see them. I prefer lions with manes. :-)

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.