Old June 3rd, 2004, 01:49 AM
Barney

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

"PTRAVEL" had
:

"Barney" wrote in message
"PTRAVEL" had
:

"Barney" wrote in message
B had
writtennews:ms5rb0hb1907n1jmbdq6bpl9bi3agu8vbn@4ax .com:

Again, how do you extrapolate from that to "most Americans"? I'm
an American, and I don't announce the fact (unless someone asks),
nor do I conduct myself rudely. And my extrapolation, based on
the Americans that I know (which number, I suspect, vastly exceeds
those that you know) is that most Americans are _not_ rude when
they travel.

I traveled extensivly and many times with Americans. Most time I
tried to disassociate myself from them but alas! I worked with
them as well.

And I have traveled extensively, and many times with Americans. I
can count on half the fingers of one hand the number of times I've
seen identifiable American tourists acting badly.

Happily, my experience of Candians and Canada has been far more
welcoming and warm than your rather bigoted and xenophobic manner
would indicate As I said previously, your sig says it all.

Perhaps you may not know if your rude. But I do concede. It has been
years I have been in a trade that required world travel. My travels
in the States were very enjoyable and it was as if the same people
were not those I witnessed acting so rudely. Your country may not
refer to waiters as "Hey Boy" anymore.

"I'm not into name calling. That's best left to the Morons and
Idiots"