Old September 15th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Verizon Customer

"K" wrote in message
ink.net...
This is an excellent suggestion, and I'd like to add to it. From NYC you
can take the Taconic Pkwy, which is one of the most gorgeous roads in the
Northeast, and there will be spectacular foliage along the way. When you
get to the pike, you can scoot over to Rt 7 and on up to Rt 2. There are
plenty of things to see and do (particularly the Bridge of Flowers in
Shelburne Falls), and you can continue on over toward Maine on Rt 202.
You
could get to Me in a day, but the question would be why? I think that in
mid-Oct this will be the prettiest part of your trip, and you should take
it
at a snail's pace. You should be able to find modest accomodations around
Greenfield, not to mention Yankee Candle if that would interest you. This
is a mighty attractive alterntive to spending a day on I-95, and just look
at the cities you get to miss driving thru; not to mention the scenic
factories and tank farms, the playful semi drivers, the dense traffic.

Enjoy

Thanks K,

I couldn't agree more regarding I-95. I go to CT often and usually turn off
onto Rt 1 or some other road since driving along this Interstate can be so
gosh darn boring and tedious. With this in mind, there's no doubt I'd find a
(longer) route along the way regardless of where I end up heading towards.
I always get a bigger kick out of the traveling than actually getting there.

I'll certainly consider your suggestion. ;-)