Old September 14th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Verizon Customer

"ThomJeff" wrote in message
Verizon Customer wrote:

questions:
^^ Is there alot going on up there around this time?

You mean, besides the roads full of tourists? In Vermont the late
September through Late October is THE peak tourist time of the year (and
for good reason--the vistas are truly amazing on sunny days).

We'll be heading up mid-week early one morning. Can't imagine being too hard
on us as far as traffic is concerned.

^^ also, what might we get in as far as weather's concerned. (note: the
cooler the better for us. 'can't get enough!)

Sunny days will be in the 60s, but 40s and 50s if cloudy. Often below
freezing at night.

Awesome! I'm besides myself right now.

NOTE: I'd thought about Vermont, but figured Maine might be best what
with all the towns, cities and more to cover on the way back. Any
thoughts?

If you had enough time, you might think about starting with a day in
Vermont, going across the Kankamangus Highway to New Hampshire, and then
going over to Maine.

On my MS Street Maps, went up midway through VT then through that highway in
NH and over to Portland. Oye, went over a day's worth of travel (unless I
did something wrong.) Too much travel time for us considering the stops we'd
want to make on the way back and the time we have to travel. Sounded like a
nice idea though.

thanks ThomJeff !
;-)