Old October 20th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Frank Slootweg

Default Qantas Web Fare Specials to Australia & NZ from US.

wrote:
[deleted]
This is the email I sent:

"Please note, per the newsgroup's Charter/FAQ, commerical advertising
including adding a url to a website, is unacceptable.

Cath, I appreciate your contributions to the group, but this is
streching what it actually says in the Charter/FAQ. The Charter/FAQ does
not say "including adding a url to a website". While there are probably
as many Netiquette 'standards' as there are posters, a well-respected
source [1] says:

"On the other hand, if you post meaningful, responsible messages in
groups you're actually interested in, and those messages happen to have
the address of your Web page tacked on at the end, few people will
complain."

I have had a quick look at Jason's site and I think you should give
the guy a break.

Just my EUR 0.02.

[1] "Advertising on Usenet: How To Do It, How Not To Do It" FAQ. Posted
to news.announce.newusers, news.admin.misc, misc.entrepreneurs,
news.admin.net-abuse.misc and news.misc. For example available at:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/adve.../how-to/part1/