Old October 4th, 2006, 09:12 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

Default Beware of the Phuong Nam hotel in Hanoi

"Chuck Whealton" kirjoitti
egroups.com...

Most of our trip was based out of Saigon in a small hotel right in the
middle of town. It was really nice. I hope your next trip is much
better than this one appears to have been because Vietnam is a really
great place with great people.

In a relatively fresh guide book on Vietnam the authors say that it is
typical that foreigners have to pay many times more on intercity bus rides
as one example. That many times bus companies don't even sell you a ticket
at counter but you have to "bargain" the price right with the bus driver.
Have you experienced this?