Old July 29th, 2004, 03:55 AM
David Bennetts

Default Cheap, safe, accomodation

"Helen" wrote in message
Can someone let me know the best way to find cheap, safe, accomodation in
the UK and Europe? We are a family of four, and are looking for self
catering type accomodation.
regards, Helen

Helen

What do you mean by safe? Some depressed neighbourhoods in big cities
obviously may be more crime ridden than smaller towns, but they're not
likely to have the type of accommodation you're looking for either. So
safety may not be an important factor. A lot of self catering in Britain is
quite expensive compared with say Bed and Breakfast accommodation, this most
likely applies in the rest of Europe as well.

In Continental Europe the most reasonably priced tourist accommodation is
often to be found in chain hotels and motels, such as Campanile, Ibis and
even cheaper Etap and Formule1. There are beachside campgrounds in many
places which are of varying standards, and some of which have cabin type
accommodation, you can use google to look them up by location.

For Britain, suggest you use www.theaa.com for accommodation listings, that
automobile association assigns a star rating for each property listed, and
gives prices.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia