Old November 30th, 2010, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,rec.travel.misc
David[_16_]

Default OT Broadband Free Wi-Fi in Benidorm

Further to my previous posting I have now found out that the Hotel Melia,
Benidorm will charge me 12 euro 24 hours. ie about £10 !
For a week looks like £70.
Anyone stayed at one of the Melia/Sol group hotels and can confirm this is
the normal level they charge?
Is it possible I miss understood it being a daily charge, and it is for 24
hours total use spread over a few days or week?

I have got from Google that the local Council provides free wi-fi in Elche
Park, Plaza Triangular, Town Hall Square and the Plaza Neptuno, not found
out their locations yet but believe they are in the areas of local people
rather than the hotel areas for visitors. I would expect bars and
resturauts might well provide Wi-Fi free for the price of a drink or meal or
maybe MacDonalds but as I'm on all inclusive at the hotel won't be doing
much of that outside.
Many thanks
David