Old January 20th, 2006, 09:28 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Shimba Hills National Park

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:15:28 GMT, Liz wrote:

Oh, BTW, thanks for the spider info. There's also a poisonous
centipede or millipede, but I now can't remember if it's the 'Mombasa
Express', which I saw on my first safari. My brain is gong to mush: I
can't remember if it's seriously poisonous to us or just to birds.
Hans-Georg?

Liz,

I know it as "Mombasa train". I don't know whether it is
poisonous, but almost certainly not for us humans.

Normally millipedes aren't significantly poisonous, but
centipedes are.

Pictures: http://images.google.com/images?q=millipede+african

Hans-Georg

--