Old September 19th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Jens Arne Maennig

amy radcliff wrote:

I am seriously considering moving to Europe (from the States). The
problem is of course the details--its overwhelming all the questions
that emerge. Could anyone recommend a place to get started? A
website devoted to Americans emigating, a book, etc?

ISBN 0809229897 could be helpful to do it the easiest way.

If it matters, employment is not a huge problem...I'm more interested
in questions of residency status, tax issues (do I pay taxes there or
in the States, for instance), qualifying for health care, and so on...
again, any help gratefully recieved.

Why not simply find somebody who cares for you? This will work in any
European country. If you don't like this option, you would have to be a
bit more specific. Any country you would prefer? Any knowledge of
certain languages?

I hear they are desperately looking for foreign workers in Molvania...

Jens