Old July 3rd, 2011, 06:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

Default London Thames waterline sights Recommendations for car rental from Athens Airport

On 2011-06-24 16:39:16 -0500, Martin said:

ATM skyscanner is showing flights from London to Kalamata

Again you assume somebody is flying from London.

Actually I will travel through London, as I intend to spend a few days
there, to visit the British Museum again, and to visit more
out-of-the-way places. I hear the Mayor is going to create a tourist
scheme where you can visit along the Thames waterline to see some
historical sights that have been blocked off from normal access.
Anyone know more about this?

But on the original suggestion: going through Athens has cost and
logistical advantages.... I will into Kalamata, indeed, but the hardest
part of the driving is about the same, since until Tripoli the driving
is super-easy on the motorway. I don't suppose anybody knows if the
bypass is finished yet?
--
Dan Stephenson
http://web.mac.com/stepheda