Old August 30th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Des Small

"tim \(moved to sweden\)" writes:

Hoorah for TRs, for sure, but why are you posting this in
alt.evleth.met-reports of all places?

In the morning I need some fuel and unfortunately the place that I
stop only has 'automats'. It can't be that hard and I give it a go.
After it eats my money I take a further 20 minutes and some help
from the only non-English speaking Swede in the world to eventually
work out which buttons I have to press to get that which I have paid
for. Whatever anyone else says, these things are not easy to use if
you can't read the instructions. I shall make sure to avoid them in
future

You moved to Sweden but you can't read Swedish? I hadn't imagined.

[...]

Whilst I am there the coaches from the Coastal Steamer arrive and
it disproves my theory that it is only frequented by Americans. There
is one coach for English speakers, one for Norwegian, one combined
for the Mediterranean languages, and four(!) for German speakers.
I wonder if this coach trip is in included in the wallet busting steamer
fare or an extra? Perhaps it doesn't matter.

In my experience, none of the excursions are bundled, but that may
depend on the bundle. I got the cheapie scruff-bag sleep on the floor
ticket, and it certainly wasn't included in that. (I only got up as
high as Tromsų anyway.)

[...]

Well that's it for now (hope that it isn't too long)

Not for me, thanks. I don't think, on balance, that I'd fancy it much
myself, but it makes for a good read.

Des