Old December 21st, 2003, 04:01 PM
John Bermont

Default Copenhagen hotel with large bed

Casey wrote:
I'd like to hear a few suggestions for a hotel in Copenhagen. I
have some specific preferences. It must offer a larger bed, at
least a double bed (two twin beds are not acceptable). I need a
bed without a foot-board (I'm tall). I am willing to stay at a hotel
out of the city center, as long as it is situated near a metro or rail
station. I'd really like to keep the price no higher than 80 Euros,
but that may be difficult as Copenhagen is an expensive city. Even
a hotel in a nearby city is acceptable, but Malmo is probably too
far (would cost me at least $20 per day in train fare to commute).
If you give a URL of the hotel, I can look at their photos to see
about their beds.

Casey

Casey,

In my experience, Scandinavia is the only part of Europe where the hotel
beds were always long enough for my 6'1", whether in deluxe hotels or
B&Bs. And in Copenhagen I am below average size. I remember in the bars
in Copenhagen my eyes came up to about armpit elevation of the average
Dane. Those people are big.

http://www.enjoy-europe.com/typ/ntos.htm has URLs for official tourist
offices of Denmark and other countries of Europe.

John Bermont
* * * Mastering Independent Budget Travel * * *
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/