Old January 6th, 2009, 08:09 AM posted to aus.tv.digital,rec.travel.australia+nz
Gerrit

Default DVB-T + Analog TV on laptop while travelling?

"Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
Gerrit wrote:

"Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
b.home.nl...

Frank

It seems to me that the best solution for guaranteed success is to buy a
satellite dish when you get here.
May be a bit more expensive which would tend to be a minus (we are Dutch
after all) but anything else is just too iffy. That is if you really want
the distraction of TV in the bush.

Gerrit,

So what you're basically saying is that I take *either* the wife *or*
a sat dish to Oz!? :-)

I was actually thinking of a quiet wine or beer drinking in the solitude of
the outback next to a campfire. Besides if I were ever to meet your wife I
wouldn't want to have to wear a bulletproof vest. :-)

Gerrit - Perth where we have had over 30 every day since 28 December and
forecast to remain there to at least this Friday

Yeah, rub it it, will you!? :-) All we have here is bloody cold and
bloody colds!

Forecasts for Perth:
Wednesday Fine, hot Min 19 Max 35
Thursday Fine, hot. Min 21 Max 37
Friday Fine, hot. Min 21 Max 37
Saturday Fine. Min 19 Max 34
Sunday Fine, hot. Min 20 Max 37
Monday Fine. Min 19 Max 28
Tuesday Fine. Min 16 Max 30
I have read about the cold out your way and am wondering whether there may
finally be an elfstedentocht?Would love to see that.