Old February 9th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Anon

Default Are You On Uncle Sam's No Fly List?

My initial reaction was, if it's so top secret, how would you even know
if
you are on it? Must not be too top secret if airline ticket clerks have
access to it. -Dave

The government actualy believes that we are that stupid. I've been a
frequent flyer for the last 35 years.
I'm on their "Watch List" which is a step down from the No Fly List. I

fly
2 to 4 times a week. Each time at the ticket counter, my name is

"Flagged"
& I then have to go through additional screening, as well as my luggage.
Delays & missed flights are the result. I'm now involved with the class
action lawsuit through the ACLU. But the best part is, that they still

deny
the list exists.

Interesting. A couple weeks ago, I flew cross-country. I was inspected
BOTH ways. A very thorough inspection where all the contents of my bag were
removed, and all the contents of other containers were removed. (shaving
kit, computer bag, etc.). On top of that, I was required to mostly undress
and subjected to a thorough inspection with one of those hand-held wand
thingies. It took me over a half hour to check in for my flights, and
that's not counting waiting in line. I have not been a frequent flyer until
recently. Now my job requires it. I'll bet after I post this I'm upgraded
to "no fly" status because I dared to write about it. -Dave