Old December 12th, 2007, 07:08 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush,misc.transport.road,alt.politics.democrats,rec.travel.usa-canada
Paul D. DeRocco

Default "30 miserable lives lost" --Hilarious Onion article about Greyhound bus crash

"richard" wrote

I am well aware of that, asshole. Why was Albany Ny chosen as the
place of the mishap? Maybe because that's where the governor of the
state lives? There are certain things that I find not funny due to the
nature of the article. This article is anything but funny.

No, you WEREN'T aware of that. I quote you from two posts back:

Assholes. You and the guy who wrote this piece of ****. Would you be so
high on spirits and amusement if you were one of those on that bus?
Wearing the same clothes for months on end, haven't had a shower in
weeks, let alone one really good meal for the week? Let alone a nice
cozy warm bed to sleep in that's not covered in roaches? While you sit
there reading this, I hope to hell that someday very soon you will be
joining that group on that bus. With your pathetic brown paper bag full
of all of your prescious belongings. What? Not laughing now ****head?

Those aren't the words of someone who's "well aware" that it was a spoof.
That's why I called you a "dimwit", and I still call you one.

So now that you've belatedly realized it's a spoof, you still say it's not
funny. So be it, that's your loss. But while an article that actually made
fun of the misfortune of real people might be enough to warrant slinging the
"asshole" accusation around, the fact that it is merely a spoof that you
found unfunny doesn't make either the people who wrote it or the people who
enjoyed reading it assholes. You're just a nasty piece of work, and nobody
likes you.

--

Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
Paul mailto