Old December 12th, 2006, 09:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Splenda

Default NCL Lines

We just cruised NCL for the 2nd and last time. Lines of people were
everywhere.
I nick-named the NCL Spirit "the bait and switch cruise". Lines for the
"free" meals were constantly long and horrible service once you got in. They
should rename one of their soups "Cream of grass". If you wanted a decent
meal you made a reservation for one of their 'cover charge' restaurants
($12.50 to $20.00 per person) and if you wanted their 'best food' you paid
even more.
Five of their 11 restaurants cost extra. Their room service breakfast was
basically cold cereal, fruit or rolls and pastries. Our balcony was unusable
4 of the 11 days due to their hosing down the entire balcony. Water dripped
from the overhead and they soaked the deck chairs. They also chose to
re-varnish the railing on one of the days they were docked.
Yes, there were very long lines when we were boarding and disembarking.
Luggage stations were not marked at all. In order to get a taxi we also had
lines, we were given a number.

"LeeNY" wrote in message
oups.com...

Gordon wrote:
I read in several reviews that there are longer lines on NCL cruise
lines than on most others. Is that true?

What kind of lines are you referring to? When you're checking in?
Buffets? Tenders?

How does their cabin size
compare to RCCL or Holland America?

Holland America's cabins are probably the largest of the 3. Royal
Caribbean has always had a reputation for having tiny cabins (at least
that's what I've always heard). NCL is probably closer to Royal
Caribbean as far as cabin size, than to HAL. Of the mass market lines,
I think Carnival and HAL's cabins are the biggest.

Lee

Thanls.

Gordon