Old December 12th, 2006, 08:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
gordon

Default NCL Lines

I was referring to lines in general, including buffet, tender, etc. In
the reviews, as in the posts here, there was general dissatisfaction
with the service in general.

IMHO, you have been misinformed about RCCL cabins. We have sailed on
that line 5 times and on HAL 5 times and the cabins have been similar.
While RCCL's were a little smaller, each cabin had room for a loveseat
sized bed-sofa, so that is not too bad. Our balcony cabin on HAL was
about the same size as the one on RCCL, but the balcony on HAL was
definitely bigger. I have only sailed on one class of HAL ships. For
some reason, every cruise that we have booked on HAL has been the
Statendam class, which is quite a nice sized ship. Like you, we have
heard that, of all the mass market cruise lines Carnival has the
biggest cabins but I am still leary of their party reputation.

Jill and I are in our very early 60s and, sometimes on HAL, we felt
like we were the youngest passengers. I understand that is changing
somewhat.

The only reason we even considered NCL is because, as retirees, we can
pick up and go any time and NCL was offering some ridiculously low
fares for last minute bookings out of Houston and, I believe,
N'Orleans.

Thanks for your input.

Gordon

LeeNY wrote:
Gordon wrote:
I read in several reviews that there are longer lines on NCL cruise
lines than on most others. Is that true?

What kind of lines are you referring to? When you're checking in?
Buffets? Tenders?

How does their cabin size
compare to RCCL or Holland America?

Holland America's cabins are probably the largest of the 3. Royal
Caribbean has always had a reputation for having tiny cabins (at least
that's what I've always heard). NCL is probably closer to Royal
Caribbean as far as cabin size, than to HAL. Of the mass market lines,
I think Carnival and HAL's cabins are the biggest.

Lee

Thanls.

Gordon