Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:52 PM
Jeff Hacker

Default American Newly Challenges Delta & Air Tran: ATL--New York City

Where are they going? If to JFK, it may be a feeder for AA's international
schedules, just like their limited service from ATL to/from Miami.
"Robert Cohen" wrote in message
oups.com...
American Airlines, according to recent ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION, is
adding midday flights to NYC from Hartsfield.

No big deal I suppose, except the news report strongly implies that the
competition will result in a lose-lose-lose for the carriers, and will
probably be especially bad for Delta.

Sorry, I don't have that specific article, while it's somewhere at

www.ajc.com

p.s. I suppose the cut-throat competition/madness can't stop until
...an airline equivalent of the DOLLAR TREE STORES & WALMART prevails
(?)

I'm having second, third, fourth, and fifth thoughts about
de-regulation/laissez faire capitalism, but such dissonance is nuthin
new for me