Old May 17th, 2006, 10:29 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Driving from Blyde River Canyon to Hluhluwe

The roads are in good condition, and you should be able to maintain a
steady 120km/h most of the time

7 hours is a realistic estimate, even if you stop off for a quick
lunch along the way.

Marc - Johannesburg

On Tue, 16 May 2006 19:34:01 +0200, ishmael
wrote:

Hi,
as part of our trip in South Africa next month, we have planned to
drive nonstop from the Blyde River Canyon area to Hluhluwe.
However I have noticed that sun sets early in KZN in June, and I
prefer to avoid wandering around after dark in Hluhluwe looking for
our lodge. Maporama estimates 630 km and 7 hours driving, is it
realistic? Or is it better to fly from Nelspruit to Durban and then
drive to Hluhluwe?
Many thanks in advance