Old January 5th, 2008, 08:24 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

Default insunrace

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 20:53:50 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Jan 4, 10:21 pm, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:
"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote in message

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
......in Markham Ontario bear
only Chinese labels, then - yes - I would be surprised. So pray tell,
are there any such items and - if so - what are some specific examples?

Tons - just go into a TnT supermarket and you will be inundated with
Chinese-only labels. I don't have any here in MY cupboard to site for
obvious reasons. ;-)

And the very same items are labeled with both English and French in British
Columbia and Alberta on the one hand and in only French in Quebec? Wonder
of wonders! No wonder you Canucks find things so challenging up there!

we have a couple of stores here where everything is chinese
only.....chinese grocery stores....there is an italian place where 90%
of the stuff is direct italian...

We have Asian stores in the USA like that. In Daly City CA we
lived not far from two Asian supermarkets. But... to be on sale
in the USA the products must have an ingredients list in English.
That's the only way I knew what some of the stuff was, although
that wasn't as helpful as I would have hoped.