Old January 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default insunrace

wrote in message
On Jan 5, 1:24 am, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 4, 10:21 pm, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:
"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote in message

.. .

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
......in Markham Ontario bear
only Chinese labels, then - yes - I would be surprised. So pray
tell,
are there any such items and - if so - what are some specific
examples?

Tons - just go into a TnT supermarket and you will be inundated with
Chinese-only labels. I don't have any here in MY cupboard to site
for
obvious reasons. ;-)

And the very same items are labeled with both English and French in
British
Columbia and Alberta on the one hand and in only French in Quebec?
Wonder
of wonders! No wonder you Canucks find things so challenging up
there!

we have a couple of stores here where everything is chinese
only.....chinese grocery stores....there is an italian place where 90%
of the stuff is direct italian...

Chuckie - of course - misses the key point entirely and goes wandering
off
topic chasing after a red herring. Inasmuch as Chuckie needs everything
spelled step by step...he - even with his masters degree - loses focus
ever
so easily, as he has here...hold on to your hat as here we go.....

Step one. Hie yourself to any such store in Canada that has an item -
any
item - labeled in Chinese only. Markham in Ontario is suggested as one
such locale. The only requirement is that this same item be available in
stores both in Quebec and in British Columbia.

Step two. Take a close look at said item and remember what it is.

Step three. Hie yourself to any store in British Columbia that has this
same item, only the item must now be labeled in English and French....no
Chinese. Got that?

Step four. Finally, hie yourself to any store in Quebec that has this
same
item, only now the item must be labeled only in French...no English, no
Chinese. Got that?

Congratulations! Just as I have found the same item labeled in English
and
French in British Columbia to be labeled only in French in Quebec, you
have
found the same item labeled only in English and French in British
Columbia,
only in French in Quebec, and only in Chinese in - say - Markham,
Ontario.
And precisely what, Chuckie, might this one exactly same item so
variously
labeled be?

did anyone say anything about the same products beign in chinese in
marham and english/french everywhere else? No just you.

Here is a question, if financing is made available to the public, but
you need to qualify under certain terms, does that then make the
financing private since not everyone can qualify?

Chuckie, Chuckie, Chuckie - don't you with that masters degree of yours ever
understand that which you yourself read? Go to my initial post of Jan 3,
2008 1:56pm and all my subsequent posts thereafter. You will find - if you
do indeed understand what you read - that the focus is on the Canadian
phenomenon of having the same item labeled in English and French in British
Columbia and in only French in Quebec...the very same item; e.g., a can of
Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. You and others have introduced the red
herring of items labeled only in Chineses....completely off topic from this
phenomenon. So my challenge to you and those others is to show how your
citation of items labeled only in Chinese is consistent with this
phenomenon. If you can, then you are on topic and we readers have learned
yet another thing Canadian. And if you can't, then you indeed are again no
more than proffering yet another of your red herrings....as you are yet once
more with your financing question on this thread of the exact same thing
labeled differently in different parts of Canada. Didn't you learn while
getting that masters of yours to be on topic and stay focused?