Old April 7th, 2009, 06:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bartc

Default Mediterranean Ferries

Terry Richards wrote:
We are planning a trip from northern France to central/southern Italy
by motorcycle.

To cut down a bit on the road mileage, we were wondering if there
were any ferries from southern France to Italy, either direct or with
one connection. My map doesn't show any but it's 9 years old...

You might find the road trip interesting if you haven't done it before, at
least once you get to the Alps.

I also found the A12 motorway from the French border along the Italian
coast, slicing through the mountains, great driving, with neverending
tunnels and viaducts. More interesting than the M6 anyway.

Unfortunately the return journey always seems several times longer than the
outward one. I've done UK to Italy by car perhaps 15 times, and each time I
swore that would be the last time ever...

--
Bartc