Old February 27th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Alan Harrison

Default Heathrow to Gatwick / Luton etc

"DFN" wrote in message

That is true but a cursory glance at the fares to either Prague or Venice
seems to support the theory that flying out of the other airports seems to
be substantially cheaper. There are three of us in our family so perhaps a
taxi may be ideal.
Do they have shuttle bus service that connects the airports?

Where did you give your cursory glance at the fares? Last year, I was
planning a trip to Prague (buggered up by a heart attack a couple of weeks
before I was due to travel). I had initially intended an apparently cheap
flight with CSA from Stansted, but a subsequent change in flying time (with
consequent need to pay for parking because of early check-in), meant that it
would be cheaper, as well as more convenient, for me to fly from Heathrow.

In the event, CSA's more generous refund policy, compared with that of some
dirt-cheap airlines, also proved to be a godsend.

Looking on Opodo or Expedia may well enable you to find really cheap flights
from H'row.

If you do insist on changing airports, there are frequent coaches -
http://www.gobycoach.com - between airports, but you do need to be aware
that timings can be seriously affected by traffic conditions on the M25.

Alan Harrison