Old August 8th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Ken Blake

Default Gatwick to Heathrow

In ,
Hatunen typed:

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 15:38:02 -0700, "Ken Blake"
wrote:

Next month, we return home form Europe, changing planes in
London. But we arrive at Gatwick and then depart from Heathrow.

What's the best way to get from Gatwick to Heathrow? The BA
representative suggested taking the Speed Link bus? Is that
best?
He said it takes an hour and a quarter. Is it usually on time
or
is he being optimistic?

They leave frequently, so it's not a matter of being ontime.
The
time on-route is probably about 1.25 hours, but the bus does
get
on a motorway and it is possible for it to be blocked up in a
traffic jam, I suppose.

It can take quite a bit of time just getting through Gatwick to
the shuttle stop and likewise at Heathrow getting to your gate.
I'd allow more like three hours from landing to departure. And
remember you have to get your luggage at Gatwick and re-check
it
at Heathrow even for the same airline.

Thanks very much. We have 3 hours 50 minutes between flights, so
we should be OK. BA says we should have no problem, and that if
we do, they'll put us on a later flight.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup