Old September 16th, 2004, 11:22 PM
PeterL

Default What do Los Angeles locals do for fun?

"PDawg77" wrote in message
om...
My husband and I will be visiting LA in December. We don't know anyone
in the area, and would rather make like a local than do all that
touristy stuff.

Well, when you are staying at a hotel in BH, it's kind of tough to make like
a local. Locals by and large do what locals do: buy grocery, go to the
mall, stay home and watch TV

We want to see the mountains and the beach,

Mountains are to the north, beaches are to the west (and south). Spend a
day at Malibu beach. There is a hiking trail that takes you from Arcadia up
the San Gabriel mountains (2,000 ft elevation gain).

maybe go for a hike and a
drive along the coast. We'll be staying at a hotel in Beverly Hills,
which I understand is near many nice neighbourhoods and attractions.
We're just not sure where to go or what to do while we're there.

By the way, does anyone have any tips for navigating our way around
town by car? I hear Los Angeles is all highway...

Lots of them. Are you a member of AAA? They have a map pack for LA (3 or 4
maps cover the area). They also have a freeway map. After 3 or 4 years
driving the freeways you should have no problems.