Old May 28th, 2013, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Default Off to Sicily for a long weekend...

poldy wrote:

In article ,
Martin wrote:

On Sun, 26 May 2013 08:05:17 -0700, poldy wrote:

In article ,
Martin wrote:

On Sat, 25 May 2013 13:26:33 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

poldy wrote:
In article ,
(David Horne) wrote:

Which towns or sights are you trying to see?

Staying in Trapani, visting Segesta, Selinunte and probably the Egadi
islands.

Erice is nice, if it's a clear day.

We were supposed to visit it when I was there, but it was invisible due
rain up there.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...rts-puzzled-by
-recen t-b urst-in-mount-etna-activity-a-901492.html

I blame David Horne.

Ha!

Erice is on the opposite coast from Etna.

and?

Can Etna be seen from there? I guess if it has a big eruption, the ash
will reach all over but short of that ...

According to google you can- it was pretty clear when we were there and
I couldn't make it out (I knew where to look)- we could see Pantelleria
though (and of course, beautifully clear view of the Egadi islands).

(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
"[Do you think the world learned anything from the first
world war?] No. They never learn." -Harry Patch (1898-2009)