Old September 30th, 2007, 12:33 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

Default China domestic air baggage

In article , William Black
says...

Indeed I buy light weight suitcases because of this very problem.

What suitcase do you use and how heavy is it?

Any recommendation for a light, but robust suitcase with wheels (big
wheels, so that you can roll it over uneven terrain) ?

By the way, groceries are not really an issue. You'll be able to survive
without chocolate on a trip and one bottle of shampoo usually lasts for
3-4 weeks, so that you don't need to carry two. Also, contact lens stuff
(solutions etc.), shower gel and other toiletries can be easily found
everywhere, except for some very remote places.

You'd be surprised how easy it is sometimes to source things locally.
The power supply of my notebook computer broke two years ago while I was
in Lhasa (Tibet). Big problem, as I need the notebook to back up my
photos and write the travelogue.
I managed to find a store next to the hotel where I was staying where I
bought a multimeter, a soldering iron (cheap at 15 yuan/item) and some
other gear, which allowed me to temporarily fix the power supply.
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Chin...art2.html#1710
--

Alfred Molon