Old June 1st, 2004, 02:05 PM
em_CT

Default GPS for European motoring

I travel with an GPS exclusively. I have a laptop in my van for work, one in
my car on a desk, the Street Pilot on my motor cycle. When I travel and have
to rent a car, like for my upcoming trip to Italy next month, I use a Garmin
iQue 3600. It is a PDA with a build in GPS. I just upload the maps needed
for the area I go too, like half of Italy

Regards,
Egmont
em_CT
USA

"Jeremy Henderson" wrote in message
news
Following a suggestion on this group, I have been looking int the idea of
an in-car GPS to help me navigate beyond my driveway withut getting lost -
a rare occurrence when I venture out armed only with a map, and completely
unkown when my wife volunteers to navigate.

The units I've seen advertisd are the Garmin GPS V Deluxe, the
Garmin Streetpilot III deluxe, and the Streetpilot 2610. see eg
http://navcity.co.uk/catalog/index.php+c_path+7

Does anyone have any experience of driving in Europe with such a gadget,
these models in particular, other recommendations?

cheers,

J;

--
Encrypted e-mail address. Click to mail me:
http://cerbermail.com/?nKYh3qN4YG