Old October 15th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Rick Graham

Default China Domestic Flights - Carry on Bags

I stand corrected on the dimensions. It would appear the domestic
limitation is around 45 inches. It seems the carry on templates at the
airport or what I was told in China appeared to be smaller. I suppose
checking with the domestic carrier before travel would be the best advice.

rg

"Rick Graham" wrote in message
Be advised the carry on dimensions of carry on bags for Chinese domestic
flights differs greatly from that in the U.S. and perhaps other countries
(20 X 40 X 55 centimeters) or about 33.5 inches LxWxD. Most non-Chinese
carriers allow at least 45 inches combined length, width, and depth. If
you're caught at the ticket counter or check in with suspiciously large
carry on luggage, you may be asked to check the bags, adding to your limit
of weight for checked baggage. With soaring fuel prices, airlines are
beginning to charge for the extra weight, which is something they tended
to overlook in the past.

rg