Old November 30th, 2010, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,rec.travel.misc
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

Default OT Broadband Free Wi-Fi in Benidorm

David wrote:
Further to my previous posting I have now found out that the Hotel
Melia, Benidorm will charge me 12 euro 24 hours. ie about £10 !
For a week looks like £70.
Anyone stayed at one of the Melia/Sol group hotels and can confirm this
is the normal level they charge?
Is it possible I miss understood it being a daily charge, and it is for
24 hours total use spread over a few days or week?

I have got from Google that the local Council provides free wi-fi in
Elche Park, Plaza Triangular, Town Hall Square and the Plaza Neptuno,
not found out their locations yet but believe they are in the areas of
local people rather than the hotel areas for visitors. I would expect
bars and resturauts might well provide Wi-Fi free for the price of a
drink or meal or maybe MacDonalds but as I'm on all inclusive at the
hotel won't be doing much of that outside.
Many thanks
David

If you don't pay it to them it will go on your Euro-tax bill anyway as
we commit to bail out Ireland, Portugal,Spain,Greece.....