Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Josh

Default Continental AC power outlets in coach.

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:45:39 -0600, "Jim Davis"
wrote:

"SMS" wrote in message
.. .

Jim Davis wrote:
Most aircraft outlets are for low power draw. Ganging up on these
outlets may overload them & blow a circuit breaker.

I think it's at least 350W per each pair of AC outlets because some of the
notebook power supplies now are drawing 150 watts, and they need some
margin, but most of the laptop supplies draw only 65W-90W so three of them
could be used without overloading the inverter.

Not necessarily -- as I understand it, the limit is often closer to
75-100 watts per outlet, and some people have found that they can't
charge and use their laptop at the same (it cuts off the AC power),
and have to remove the battery (so it won't charge) to use the laptop.
bare minimum. I would love to see them install USB outlets. All my
entertainment toys can run off the USB ports, and charge at the same time.

Delta has USB ports on the 777s at least (and I believe they have them
at all rows, while the AC power in Coach is only in the first ~10
rows).

Josh