Old April 9th, 2009, 11:49 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Norman[_3_]

Default Mobile phones in Australia

Hi All,

Does anyone have advice on the best mobile phone deals for use while in
Australia for a few weeks? Most of the calls will be to/from the UK though some
will be to/from Australian landlines and mobiles. Some of the UK calls will be
quite long - around an hour.

A fair bit of the time will be spent in country areas of NSW and Queensland so
network coverage will be a consideration, though not over-riding if there is a
big cost penalty. I appreciate that there are extensive no-coverage areas on
all networks.

A package including a phone is attractive as it eliminates possible
non-compatibility between phone and sim card. I don't need to know the phone
number before leaving the UK so picking something up on arrival in Australia
would be fine.

Norman
--
Derbyshire, UK