Old October 5th, 2003, 03:50 PM

Default Maui campervan bond

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:22:56 +1000, "traveller"
wrote:

They are supposed to only take an imprint and return the imprint papers to
you at the end of the rental if there is no damage. This is regardless of
any insurance cover you have. I'd be making a claim for the difference.

Traveller

Based on your knowledge of/experience of/ et al.
Have you read the contract of the person who rented the van?
Inernational dealings incur fluctuations period.

Cath

Frank Slootweg wrote in message
. ..
sdf wrote:
[deleted]
Yep, I suspect you are right. What Maui should do is what hotels do-

take an
imprint but not charge until the end of the rental period.

That is what was done for our (Oz) rentals from four different
companies (Holiday on Wheels, Thrifty, Apollo and Camperworld). Mind you
not for $5000, but only 500 (max).