Old October 25th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Michael Christoffersen

Default bkk to Angkor bus/scams???

"Eric Edwards" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:32:12 +0200, Michael Christoffersen

wrote:
I paid a "rush fee" to have it ready I believe the following day. That

was
1.100 bht. A standard price was 1.000 baht but that would take like 2-3
days.

Rush fees are unnecessary. Skip the middlemen. Go to the embassy in
the morning. Pay your US$20. Collect your passport with visa in the
afternoon. US$20 was about 1800 baht when I was there in April.

--

Hi Eric,

You are probably right about that. However, going to the embassy two times
in one day definitely involves more hassle and more money than paying lousy
100 baht for a "rush fee".
If I were in a hurry, I would however consider doing it the way you suggest.
Cheers
Michael Christoffersen