Old March 26th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Ken Pisichko

Burke&Wills wrote:

"cold" for a Canadian is a relative thing !

When I lived in Gundagai in 1971 I experienced real cold because there was a
draft in the unheated room and there was no weatherstripping. I solved the
problem by putting my Cdn Army sleeping bag (down filled) between the sheets and
covering my head with a blanket. The coldest temps were 17F. A year later I was
in The Pas and the schoolkids and I slept outside in Woods 5 Star sleeping bags
- it was minus 33F that night. It was comfortable - more comfortable than the
year before in Gundagai - but we had wrm clothing too!

Ken