Old December 27th, 2005, 05:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Port Everglades - any first-timer hints?

We're on the Sun Princess repositioning through the Panama Canal on April
27.
Although we've been in other cruise terminals, we've never sailed from Port
Everglades. I know Princess uses Terminal 2, but past that we know nothing.
Can some experienced cruisers tell us what to expect after the shuttle dumps
our luggage on the curb?
What facilities are inside?
How long does check-in take using the Express option?
What's the earliest we should arrive there (sail at 5pm)?
When do they actually let people aboard?
What kinds of surprises might they spring on us?
What should I have asked about that I didn't?

Hate to sound like so much of a greenhorn, but I can find answers nowhere
else. HELP!