Old December 28th, 2005, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Port Everglades - any first-timer hints?

Follow Rich's advice. Fill out the information on Princess' website
right now. When you arrive, walk into the cruise terminal holding your
tickets, passport and credit card in your hand (sometimes they stop you
at the door until you find all of your documents).

So far, I have never waited in line when I checked in on Princess, but I
did not arrive on a bus full of people, either. That could make a
difference. I would arrive between 11:30-12:00 or between 2:00-3:00.

Enjoy your cruise on the Sun Princess.

Becca

RichC wrote:

Princess is usually fairly coordinated in Ft Lauderdale with the boarding
process vs. Miami where lots of things can go wrong. (different events,
construction, etc.) As soon as you drop your luggage off at the curb you'll
be ushered into the terminal with your carry on bags & proceed to line up at
an alphabetical line where you check in. Make sure you have all your
documents filled out prior to getting to the counter (many people don't) &
also have your passport ready. If you fill in their online web site it
speeds thing up. There's not much inside the terminal other than rest rooms
& waiting lines. If you arrive earlier than noon the express option doesn't
help much as all the line are usually moving quickly. It gets more hectic
after then. The worst that usually can go wrong is the ship arrives late &
thinks can get backed up considerably but that's rare. On our last cruise we
arrived about 11:30 AM & boarded the ship around noon.