Old May 10th, 2008, 02:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

Default Munich to Madrid by car

On Fri, 9 May 2008 07:33:42 -0700 (PDT), NealR2000
wrote:

I am planning to purchase a new car in Munich in Sept/Oct and have it
shipped to the USA. This European Delivery Program allows you to get
the car in Munich, and then have up to 2-weeks complimentary car
insurance before dropping it off at any number of shipment points
within the continent. One of them is Madrid. I am therefore, looking
to spending one week, driving from Munich to Madrid with my wife.
What I'm looking for is a recommended route, taking into consideration
scenery, seasonal weather, and a week to do it in.

There are so many options depending on your interests.

I enjoyed part of that possible route in a couple of
different ways.

A suggestion, based on my own wanders. Go south from Munich
via the Fussen district, then around lake Constance and down
into Switzerland, through Switzerland via Interlaken and
Geneva and side trips between. Then through South-Eastern
France, Lyon or Grenoble to the south to join the Riviera
coast at any point you like, then along the Riviera to
Barcelona, with side trips to the Avignon and Carcassonne
regions.

Then on to Madrid.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--