Old April 8th, 2009, 08:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

Default Mediterranean Ferries

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 08:09:34 +0100, Pentaxuser wrote in post :
:

"Tim C." wrote:

I am not a moto-biker at all, but I thought moto-bikers like to travel
on secondary scenic roads and alike, out of the tourist pipeline, if you
can.

That's generally the idea, yes. But not if it takes 3 days just to get
somewhere and leaves no time to look around.

for drivers that's where fly-drive comes in, but I assume that's
either not available for bikes or you wouldn't want a hire bike
anyway?

You either have to crate up your own bike (expensive and lots of hassle),
or hire a bike: unknown handling, and very expensive. Plus you still have
to cart your leathers/helmet etc around with you. Only worth it for trips
to another continent really.

--
Tim C.